Indulge yourself in the perfect Bribie Island Accommodation getaway, with Placid Waters Holiday Apartments located at Bongaree on the beautiful Bribie Island. Enjoy a peaceful waterfront setting overlooking the Pumicestone passage, or the large swimming pool and tropical gardens on the only island accessible by bridge and less than an hours drive from Brisbane.
Placid Waters Holiday Apartments Facilities
- All of the apartments are two bedroom
- Fully self-contained
- All linen supplied
- Each apartment has its own balcony
- Most are air-conditioned
- All have Foxtel sports and movie channels
- WiFi access is available
- Secure undercover parking provided
- Ample off street parking for boats or larger vehicles
We are ideally situated on the quiet side of the island, within walking distance to restaurants, bowls and sports clubs, and the RSL club. Or take advantage of the public BBQ’s along the Pumicestone Passage Foreshore, it’s the perfect spot to enjoy a fry up whilst watching the sunset over the Glass House Mountains.
Not a great BBQ Chef? Why not just grab a delicious feed of seafood from one of the local fish and chip shops
Bribie is home to a number of boutique beachside stores, from homewares to women’s fashion. The island also an arts and crafts market on the 4th Sunday of every month, with special market events hosted around New Years and Australia Day.
Festivals and events
If you love an outdoor event, then Bribie Island certainly delivers. Some of the biggest outdoor events include:
- Abbey Medieval Festival
- Strawberry Festival
- Oyster Festival
- New Years Eve
- Australia Day
- Sandstone Point Hotel is also renowned for its live entertainment, including performers such as the Beach Boys, John Farnham and Xavier Rudd.
Check to see what’s happening during your stay on Bribie Island.
Bring the family!
Bribie Island is really the perfect family escape, especially for families with really young children, with its laid back lifestyle and gentle waters. Families will love exploring:
- Bribie Island National Park
- Woorim Beach
- Bribie Island Seaside Museum
- Brennan Park Reserve and Melsa Trains
- Pumicestone Passage
- Bongaree Jetty
- Kids will also love Bribie Island fishing, with great spots to be found around the island from the jetty, to canals and surfside.
- Boat or kayak fishing experiences are also great fun, if you don’t have your own vessel, Bribie has a number of hire operators who offer half, full and two day hire to meet your families holiday needs.
Sit back, relax and enjoy the experience of Bribie Island accommodation getaway, with Placid Waters Holiday Apartments
Placid Waters Holiday Apartments, Toorbul Street, Bongaree QLD, Australia
(07) 3408 2122